• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sharon Rifle Barrel Co.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Saiz

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a matching pair of Sharon rifle barrel company 54 caliber muzzleloaders 1 Flintlock and one percussion. I helped some folks out about 20 years ago and they gave me these to muzzleloaders I've had them in my safe taking up space would like to know something about them or what they're value is. I am new to muzzleloaders and would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you and God bless America

Attachments

• 20190225_112511.jpg
    20190225_112511.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 20190225_112434.jpg
    20190225_112434.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 20190225_112354.jpg
    20190225_112354.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 251
Look on that gunbroker site. Not strictly in the same collector class as Green River Rifle Works Hawken rifles so they sell for value to hunters and shooters and reenactors.

There's a web page with the original ads advertising those rifle kits that appeared in Muzzle Loader Magazine in 1979.
They were called "full stocked Hawken rifle kits" and originally sold for $275 each by a company named Old West Arms, Lakewood, Colorado.
Photos of the finished rifles can also be seen at the bottom of the page:--->>> http://grrw.org/sharon-rifle-barrel-co/

Thanks for the article I did read it. Is there anyone out there that could tell me the value of the muzzleloaders sold has a pair today.

It's dificult to guess what they could be sold for as a pair, but the amount would probably be less than if they were sold separately.
Not everyone shoots or wants both a ,.54 percussion & flintlock.
Also whether they are unfired or not and the condition of the bore could factor into the price.
Without knowing those details my guess is that they're worth a total of about $900 - $1200 more or less.

Last edited:
I was estimating their value in relation to that of a used Browning Mountain rifle.
I recently saw a very nice one at a gun shop for $550.

I am wanting to get into shooting a Muzzleloader but I would like to find a barrel for my G1 Thompson Contender it seems that they don't exist for the G1. Would like to trade one for a G2 muzzleloader. Is there anyone out there that shoots the Thompson Center Contender G2 Muzzleloader and how is it.

I personally would keep these and shoot them and learn as much as you can about traditional muzzleloading. That’s my two cents that is worth at least a copper penny.........Greg :)

I am wanting to get into shooting a Muzzleloader but I would like to find a barrel for my G1 Thompson Contender it seems that they don't exist for the G1. Would like to trade one for a G2 muzzleloader. Is there anyone out there that shoots the Thompson Center Contender G2 Muzzleloader and how is it.
The rifles you are trying to bargain for are not allowed on this website. Talk traditional or take it to private conversation please.

I bought one of those Sharon kits way back then. It was a .54 cal half stock percussion rifle. Like a fool I eventually let it go. Building it wasn't the easiest. Especially casting the pewter nose cap following their instructions. But when done right they are very nice rifles. I wish I had one today.

Latest posts

Back