• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

serpent side plate

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a serpent side plate for my trade gun.I want to polish it up .It it very thin and scales on the serpent are fairly deep.how can I polish it without useing some kind of power tool.Thanks...rusty

Brasso and an old T shirt come to mind. I have used Wenol with success. Meguires Mag Wheel Polish works well. Just about any metal polish. Now the issues you will have are the recesses. They will hold the polish. You need to clean them out. A toothbrush works well for that after the residue has dried...

In ROTC we used to boil our brass belt buckles in vinegar and water solution. Took the tarnish right off. Followed it up with Brasso.

Back