• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seneca Lock Parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckskin25

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for T/C Seneca lock parts? My hunting partner was shooting hers this weekend and the hammer would not stay cocked. After removing the lock, I found that the sear screw was broken; so I need to find a replacement. I have contacted T/C about the part but I am optimistic about getting any assistance from them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Call Joe or Suzi at The Gun Works in Oregon, if anyone has parts it will be them. I know they have T/C parts on hand.

Nice folks to deal with.

One good thing about a TC, the threads should be English. Should be able to get one at hardware store, gunsmith, or salvage one from something with English screws. May not be slotted head and length may have to be cut, but if it's on the back side of the lock, would not be visible.

I have 2 Seneca's (a .36 & a .45) I hunt with, & a Cherokee I won't sell, because sooner or later one might need a replacement part(s), which are generally made of unobtainium.

You sir are correct. It's a bad habit that I developed years ago, when this country was trying to go metric. As a machinist, at work, we were moving to learn the metric measuring system, and got to referring back and forth from metric to English. Just an old work habit, but old machinist would more than likely say the same.

I disassembled my Seneca lock, and found out that it has a special screw with a shoulder. This is so you can tighten it down and the sear will still move freely. Also, the sear has a smooth surface to ride on. However it is a standard American thread. If a different screw is used, you would have to be careful not to over-tighten it, causing the sear arm to bind. Blue lock-tight would hold it in place, until you can find the factory replacement screw.

Log cabin has some T.C. lock parts give them a call.They are good people to deal with! :idunno:

I call The Gun Works Tuesday and talked to Joe & Suzi and they had the part I needed. The part arrived today and the Seneca has been repaired and ready for the next range day. I will now have a happy hunting partner; her rifle is fixed.

They are nice folks to do business with, I have bought numerous pistols from them. Their builder is building 2 pistols for me and should be in 30 days or so.

Latest posts

Back