• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Searching for Repro-Russian 1805 Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farren55

40 Cal.
Reaction score
As the title says I am searching for a quality Repro of the russian 1805 Pattern rifle.

the only information I have is that it was 66cm (26") length and has a caliber of 16.51 (.65 Caliber)

I found a few pictures it appears to have a Jeager style patch box. Other than that I'm in the Dark, any help appreciated!

Only Quality Picture I have is this
Russian_musket_and_rifle.jpg

Found Here http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napo...m/Russian_infantry.htm#russianinfantryweapons

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah OK.

I found this I think on the same website:

In jäger regiments the 1805 rifle [shtutser] with sword-bayonet [kortik] was still in use, although it had been ordered withdrawn in 1808. This was used to arm non-commissioned officers and the best marksmen (12 men in each company). The jäger rifle had a polygonal barrel with eight grooves that was 66 cm long and of 16.51 mm caliber. The rifle’s weight (without bayonet) was 4.09 k and its total length with the sword-bayonet 153.7 cm. In effective range it could fire twice as far as a smoothbore musket but was itself inferior in rate of fire (one shot in three minutes). (my emphasis added)

The drawing, if accurate, looks similar to the British Baker rifle, including the caliber, and the sword bayonet. Bakers though had metal, not sliding wood patch boxes (iirc)

Perhaps if nothing else comes to light from surviving examples, a basic Jaeger style rifle, with brass hardware similar to Russian military arms, and made to fit a Baker, sword bayonet?

LD

Do a google search for Russian Model 1808 Musket and click on the "see more images." This is the link to what I found, if the link works.

You will find lots of links by googling Tula, the factory that made them originally. It's still in operation after all these years, though following up on the links will test your patience.

Could I just use a Baker (I read somewhere that Russia was getting supplied by the British mostly with smooth-bore, but would the rifle fit or would that be too 'fundie'.

Thanks but this is for the 1808 smooth-bore, I'm going for the 1805 rifle (trying after a jaeger style kit)

and most of the links end up with Danish, Swedish, or American Arms.

Now you have me all boogered up. Your other thread was asking for info on the 1808.

Try googling the 1805 yourself and see what you get.

Sure you could, but...

Here is a link to a version of a repro Baker rifle that is currently offered. IF the information you have is correct on the barrel and the patch box, the repro in the link has a metal patchbox, and a round barrel. The few folks that I know with these all had Colerain , rifled .62 caliber barrels installed, which are round. The installation included adding a bayonet lug to the barrel in addition to fitting the barrel to the stock and tang bolt.

You might, because of the barrel size, be able to get the Baker rifle from the above link w/o a patch box, and have a .62 octagonal barrel cut down and fitted to the rest of the rifle. Then have a sliding patch box installed to finish the project.

It would be a pretty cool piece if you did. :thumbsup:

LD

Thanks but I have a Rifle Shoppe Baker I've been looking at anyway (I tend to stay away from Military Heritage due to its Reputation). And the Rifle shoppe offers pre-rifled barrels.

Latest posts

Back