• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scratch build matchlock pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, it was one of those pop into your head out of nowhere things. It was a chalange getting the linkage right so it would open right.
Works as a saftey also, ya can`t prime the pan with match on the gun.

Pitchy,
Now, you just might be able to get a patent on that mechanism if you wanted to.
I am impressed, truely I am. The inventive geinous on this and some other boards is amazing. That is what is so great about America. Our inventive spirit is allowed to soar!
Sorry, got carried away for a moment, hee hee!
volatpluvia

Thanks i appreciate the kind words, it should work good, i`m thinking about a latch that will hold the lever down and the cover open for priming and brushing out the bore. :hmm:

PitchyPine said:
Thanks i appreciate the kind words, it should work good, i`m thinking about a latch that will hold the lever down and the cover open for priming and brushing out the bore. :hmm:
I meant brushing out the pan, see didn`t get enough sleep last night. :haha:
Thanks Davy, too bad your not up here so ya can shoot it.

PitchyPine said:
PitchyPine said:
I meant brushing out the pan, see didn`t get enough sleep last night. :haha:
Thanks Davy, too bad your not up here so ya can shoot it.
Its all those little inventive Gremlins in your head workin overtime keepin ya awake nights!! :shocked2: :rotf: :rotf:

I know it Bubba :shocked2: what can we do. :haha:
The wife says it helps too talk about it in the middle of the night. :rotf:

Pitchy,
I know just what you mean! I sometimes cannot keep myself from inventing parts while the Pastor is preaching. I am ashamed, but it is better than falling asleep. Sometimes when I am waking in the morning I start inventing parts. Tsk, Tsk!
volatpluvia

I know what you mean. I think of things I would like to create. My big problem is remembering to write them down.

Strykerdlh said:
I know what you mean. I think of things I would like to create. My big problem is remembering to write them down.

Yep, ya got to act quick before they get away. :haha:

I was thinking maybe a small billows under the lever with a tube running up to the match to keep it nice and bright while aiming. :hmm: :haha:

ya, just put it alongside the butt, when ur ready squeeze it like a set of bagpipes, aim and give fire, carefull.... dont blow the prime out...... :rotf: :rotf:

Latest posts

Back