• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rusty surprize

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vomir le Chien said:
Not many this side of the border can translate it ,,, :wink:

While I can translate it I think it best left in the French version. I agree it takes confidence to run a handle like that.Would love to see a picture of this guys face.:grin:

I respectfully disagree with some of what has been said.

A 4 inch group, where? centered around the bull or just to leeward side. 1.7 inches wind drift would produce a 1.7 inch group NOT a four inch group, unless the wind is taking turns blowing opposite directions across the range.
A 4 inch group is indicative of something else, not necessarily the barrel although that is a possibility. A smooth bore with sights should do better than that.

I would definitely work some more on shooting it. Assuming the sights are tight, It could be the crown, or patching. Renegades had notoriously fat sights that made getting a good consistent sight picture difficult.

Dean2 said:
Vomir le Chien said:
Not many this side of the border can translate it ,,, :wink:

While I can translate it I think it best left in the French version. I agree it takes confidence to run a handle like that.Would love to see a picture of this guys face.:grin:
I agree, it's much more pleasent in frenchy

Angus and Tim,Two Canadian brothers hung that on me,,it was a toss up between that and "Neige Jaune" I didn't/don't speak the language but they thought it was a real laugh.
Deer camp has a way of making thing funnier.

Didn't make them laugh as hard,,something about Bull of the Woods, chewing tobacco,being 17 and not one to pass up a challenge,,,,They worked in the woods and chewed,safer than smoking,, fire danger!!!!been 50 years and it stuck all these years,Both Tim and Angus have gone to Point a la Barbe,,still laughing I bet ,,,,,

Before you try anything drastic, might I suggest putting a new crown on the muzzle? It is the most critical spot, and most likely was damaged by the rust. My brother returned my Renegade to me in the same shape, and I did as you did, but until I re-crowned the muzzle, it wouldn't shoot. Now it will cloverleaf at 50 yards.

Back