• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Running Deer Shoot - Flintlocks Only 12/18/21

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Try your hand at a moving target. Flintlock only for this event.

Always the Sunday before Flintlock season here in PA. This year that would be 12/18/21. We start around 9ish.

Cushion Peak Rod and Gun club in Vinemont PA. That's right inside the Berks County side of the Lancaster/Berks boundary line.

I have a similar post I started a few weeks ago on the Flintlock Forum. Someone suggested that I post it here also.

1639002172635.png

The target runs along a track. Each individual participant stands at the line and take 1 shot. The shot is scored on the paper, the hole gets taped over, and the target is ran again for the next shooter. After every shooter has had his 2nd shot (or misfire) it is scored. High score wins 1/2 the $$$. The other 1/2 goes to the Club. It's $2.00 a round. We keep shooting until everyone has had enough fun for the day and then we retire to the Clubhouse for breakfast and/or adult beverages.

The Whispering Pines club near Wellsboro Pa. has a running deer target on a cable and the target is a steel plate where the heart should be. Miss the plate and you are out.

Latest posts

Back