• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Running Deer Flintlock Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's that time of year. Once a year, every year, on the Sunday before Christmas, we have a flintlock shoot. Running deer target at 40 yards.
How it works is everyone who wants to shoot gives $4 into the pot and gets a number. As the shoot starts each number is called in order to the firing line. You call pull, take your shot, and move back from the line. Once everyone has shot once, the numbers are repeated until everyone has shot twice. You're allowed 1 misfire per round.
After the 2nd round the scores are tallied. Winner gets 1/2 of the $$$ and the Gun Club keeps the rest. We run until everyone is tired of loading. I'll keep shooting as long as there's 1 other person willing to stand on the line.
Scoring is done according to the target posted below.
Cushion Peak Rod and Gun club
180 Vinemont Road
Reinholds, Pa 17569

Attachments

• 1000000260[1].jpg
    1000000260[1].jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2
For my education, how does the puller work? I am in Georgia and sorry probably will not make it this year to see it.

Back