• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Round ball for .58 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just ordered a Kibler Colonial in .58 cal smoothbore, and was wondering what size round balls I should get for that. Thanks ....

(did a quick search this subforum but no joy)

I purchased a couple bags of .570 to get started. Also a LEE .575 mold. I was looking for a .570 mold but couldn't find one. I haven't done any real testing yet, so I can't say which size is going to be best.
I predict you are going to love that rifle. I sure enjoyed shooting mine.

I just cast 150 .575 RB from a Lee mold in anticipation of my Colonial being completed and ready to shoot next week. My pin gauge tells me that the 58 cal Green Mountain barrel bore is .581. So .575 seems about right.

Tried to send you a PM ... but it bounced back ... what did you do? LOL! :ghostly:

Let me know ... I can send you some - free - just reimburse me for the shipping.
I don't know; I've sent and gotten pms to/from other members; nothing goofy about my settings and no members ignored; I'll keep your offer in mind. Thanks!!

.57 hornady, .015 switch patch, 40 gr cornmeal, 80 gr FFF

Same gun (but jug choked), 5 shots at 50 yards

Attachments

• IMG_5504.jpeg
    IMG_5504.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I just ordered a Kibler Colonial in .58 cal smoothbore, and was wondering what size round balls I should get for that. Thanks ....

(did a quick search this subforum but no joy)
My58smoothy colonial likes70 gr of fff 562 balls and18 th. Patch. Will hold 4 in. Groups off bench.

Latest posts

Back