• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rosie #7 1/2 shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markdwhite15

Chopper
Reaction score
IMG_20230920_132553.jpg
20 steps, 7/8 oz #7 1/2 shot, 45 gr Goex ffg, Skychief load, 6 o'clock hold on the can.

I take long steps 😁 Things were a little bit blurred and I was a little shaky. After 4 surgeries and special glasses I still can't see worth a damn. This little gun can shoot better than I can shoot now days.

I take long steps 😁 Things were a little bit blurred and I was a little shaky. After 4 surgeries and special glasses I still can't see worth a damn. This little gun can shoot better than I can shoot now days.
You might want to go to the local hardware store and get a 3/4" brass corner brace..., hold it in place with your tang bolt and use the large circle as a sort of DIY "ghost ring" as it may lift your impact just a smidge and work with your eyesight. If it doesn't come up high enough then try the 1" version.

REAR SIGHT TEMP.JPG

LD

You might want to go to the local hardware store and get a 3/4" brass corner brace..., hold it in place with your tang bolt and use the large circle as a sort of DIY "ghost ring" as it may lift your impact just a smidge and work with your eyesight. If it doesn't come up high enough then try the 1" version.

View attachment 254300

LD
Thanks, I have tried several combinations of glasses and sights. I can make out the front sight and the extended tang screw gives a shadow to reference it, but things get blurry past 20 yards. Just have the left eye now and it's about shot. Shooting off my left shoulder still feels weird too.

Thanks, I have tried several combinations of glasses and sights. I can make out the front sight and the extended tang screw gives a shadow to reference it, but things get blurry past 20 yards. Just have the left eye now and it's about shot. Shooting off my left shoulder still feels weird too.
Nice job Mark would be interested in what she’d do with some cornmeal on top of powder then your shot then overshot card .know I’m getting anxious to go and shoot mine but that’s gonna be a while.Rosie is perfect for you and sure shoots a nice pattern,good luck with eyes and keep keeping on.

Or just file the front blade down a bit ! LOL ...I leave all front blades a tad tall so the shooter can dial it in to suit him .... Good shootin bud ! Good to see your out and about shootin Rosie ! Hope your well :)

Nice job Mark would be interested in what she’d do with some cornmeal on top of powder then your shot then overshot card .know I’m getting anxious to go and shoot mine but that’s gonna be a while.Rosie is perfect for you and sure shoots a nice pattern,good luck with eyes and keep keeping on.
Sh!t ! As fast as you build Walt ! He// , youll have half a dozen N.W. guns by this time next year !! LOL ! :D Will be neat to see the different loading methods and results from.these short N.W. guns .....I got four more barrels and lots of walnut !! :D

Back