• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Revolving Matchlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think that # of chambers in the cylinder would depend on the diameter of the cylinder, because one build constraint should be to make darn sure those 2 chambers astride the barrel have a SAFE path to exit in the event of an unintentional discharge of the barrels (chain fire!) to each side of the one firing!
:ghostly:

One of the wheellock revolvers has a ramrod that only looks long enough for loading the chambers directly, but that could also be a later restoration
tumblr_9fdd7656f8bc8d091b8842cf29660387_a2dfa72d_1280.png

I looked back at my email when I asked the Royal Armouries about their two revolver wheellocks, and they responded that the cylinders have a vent at the back, so that seems to exclude ramming the charge all the way back to the main body of the gun. Looking at some examples, the pan is very high up on what would have been a rear barrel, so that makes sense that the charge and ball would not fit back there.
tumblr_n3zwhukYle1rwjpnyo5_640.png

Wheellock six-shot revolver.jpg

HJRK_A_1145_12739.jpg

Attachments

• b6b5fb85-6908-4dcc-9ba9-b3570a9f3189.jpg
    b6b5fb85-6908-4dcc-9ba9-b3570a9f3189.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
my two cent:
The rear part of the revolving matchlock gun, which you call barrel, contains only a long, narrow ignition channel.
If you want to build the cartridge gun. you can contact Bolek Maciaszczyk from Poland.
He once built such a wheellock pistol. You can find his channel on Youtube and he's on facebook too.

Latest posts

Back