• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Results from a new 1862 pocket police

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
After Coyote Joe put on a front site for me and "timed" it( it was way out of time)
I sat down to get it "shot in"
Not to bad, what I expected from such a little gun.
The grip is a bit small and I had to switch out the nipples to Amco # 11s but I will be carrying this little bugger for Grins most of the time.

It's weird tho two chambers print to the right every time.

DSCF5268.jpg

DSCF5269.jpg

Nice so far. Is that 5 1/2" barrel? As for the chambers did you ID the culprits Yet? When you do see how they are differant from the others. They might seat harder or easier, or if you see any leading they may be a little off center. Maybe a little polish might help them. Anyways the reason for all the to do is I'm very interested in one of these little pocket models much for the same reason, S&Gs. Nothing puts a greasy porkchop eatin' grin like a well shooting smoke pole. I love to outshoot the 2000$ race guns at the local range.

Good shootin' those are neat little guns. I use to carry one of those or a '51 navy in a shoulder holster when trapping 20 years ago,were the originals .31 cal 5 shots or was that the 1848 pocket pistol?

tg said:
Good shootin' those are neat little guns. I use to carry one of those or a '51 navy in a shoulder holster when trapping 20 years ago,were the originals .31 cal 5 shots or was that the 1848 pocket pistol?

Morning T.G.,
This is the 5.5 inch 36 cal police five shot.
I have 31 pocket as well that is five shot as were the originals.
:thumbsup:

cmdrted said:
Nice so far. Is that 5 1/2" barrel? As for the chambers did you ID the culprits Yet? When you do see how they are differant from the others. They might seat harder or easier, or if you see any leading they may be a little off center. Maybe a little polish might help them. Anyways the reason for all the to do is I'm very interested in one of these little pocket models much for the same reason, S&Gs. Nothing puts a greasy porkchop eatin' grin like a well shooting smoke pole. I love to outshoot the 2000$ race guns at the local range.

Ya I indexed the two cylinders with a punch, they are the last to shoot.
I have yet to lapp them but will when I have time.

Bought one of these, an Uberti, for $75 at a gun show out in Kansas back in the early '80's. The timing/action was terrible...probably why the guy was trying to get rid of it! I spent many hours filing, honing, and polishing. Used violin varnish on the grips, and hund it in a closet for two weeks to allow proper drying. Although a bit smallish for my hand, turned into one of my best shooter. The main spring would feel 'soft' for most, I think, but it's one of my best shooters. One day, I'd like to have a neat Huckleberry shoulder rig for it. The violin varnish is Purty!

Back