• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Repro or Original?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a friend who obtained this from her Father. She asked me to help determine if it's a reproduction or an original (I'm assuming repro). I have no info other than these two photos.

blunder1.jpg

blunder2.jpg

The stampings on the barrel give it away as a reproduction. It appears to be in need of some serious cleaning. Black powder residue is very corrosive and should be removes ASAP to preserve whatever value the gun may have.

That looks like a blunderbuss offerred by Dixie Gun Works back in the late 1960's and early 1970's. If somebody has an old Dixie Cat to check. I have several since around 1977 and one earlier, but I can't find it right now. Turner Kirkland had alot of stuff made in Belgium and brought in to the US for sale.

it's strange.

usually, it's the other side what's the proof is wroten.

do you have nothing else ?

Looked it up in my 1977 Gun Digest, page 373.
Dixie Flint Coach Guard Blunderbuss
caliber .95
barrel: 13 3/8"
weight: 5 3/4 pounds Length: 27 1/2"
Stock: Ebony finnished hardwood
Belled Muzzle 1 14/16" Proofed In Belgum
Brass trigger guard, buttplate, thimbles, steel barrel, from Dixie Gun Works
Price: $135.00 (1977)

I remember seeing this as far back as the late 1960's early 1970's. I think it was originally imported and distributed by Century Arms. At least I remember it being listed in their catalog. I remember the stock was painted black. I viewed one about 6-7 years ago at a local gun show here. But the guy wanted too much $ for it. Thanks for the memories Claude. Rick.

Back