• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replica Arms Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMinnerath

45 Cal.
Reaction score
That company isn't around any more is it?
Were their guns made by Uberti?
Gun shop in town has one on consignment.
Surprisingly with the original box.
It looks in really good condition and is tight all around, but they want 395 bucks for it.
What would be a good ball park figure for one like that. Serial number is 4XXX.

As far as I know, REPLICA ARMS were Belgian made. Quality was very high. However, the price sounds a bit high to me, but if the quality is equal to the 60 Colt army I had, it could maybe be worth it. Find out more about the value before you buy. Some of these early reproductions have become collector pieces for some.

These rifles and pistols were originally marked "marietta Ohio" and later were made in Italy. The company was, I believe, purchased by Navy arms and they produced the pistols under their name. I think Replica Arms as such has been gone since the 70's. There is some collector interest but it is limited. Value? the best deal you can make. Quality? top notch, if it has been maintained.
Mark

I'm going back down next week to pick up a carton of caps, I'll take a better look at it.
I didn't see a makers name on the gun.
Anyone know offhand where there are some pictures of Belgian proof marks? I might have a book in the shop with proof marks, I'll have to do some digging.
All the serial numbers matched and what screws I looked at look like they've never been touched.
The cylinder engraving was really superb.
I've bought consignment guns from these guys before, some times you can get the price down, some times not.

Replica Arms revolvers were made by several makers for them, the Uberti ones probably being most desireable unless as Wick Ellerbe mentioned it is Belgan. Can not remember if early Replica Arms Walkers were Belgan. Also with the 4xxx serial number you listed, it might be an El Paso, Texas marked Walker vs. later Ohio marked.

Look for the Uberti symbol; looks like the end of an octagon barrel with a " U " in it.

If no Uberti mark let us know what other marks you find besides proofs and date codes. Marks may be quite small, faint and lightly stamped.

Might have some collector value. Suggest you search completed auctions on sites like Gun Broker for actual sale values.

If you want it as a shooter the newer Uberti's, especially those sold by Cimarron might be a tad better and have less noticeable markings.

On the gunshow circuit here in Northern Californa/Nevada it might bring $250 - $350. Recently bought a very clean, newer Uberti Walker from a gunshow dealer late on saturday for $200. The internet is a whole 'nother deal.

A brand new Uberti Walker from S&S Firearms in New York lists for $348.00

JMinnerath & All: regarding typical Belgian Proof marks on C&B pistols of the period 1960s and 1970s go to www.1960nma.org and click on PROOF HOUSE MARKINGS.
Long Johns Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that's a nice web site.
When I go back to look at the Walker I'll take along a good pen light.
When a guy in the store told me they had a Walker tucked away in the display case I just gave it a quick once over and decided to see if I could come up with more information before I went back.

Leonard Frank Allen started Replica Arms 1962. Replica Arms was an early competitor of Navy Arms. They were first located in El Paso, Texas. In 1965 the company was sold and moved to Marietta, Ohio, with Ken Phelps as President. In 1973-74 Replica Arms was bought out by Val Forgett and Navy Arms. During this transition Replica Arms were marked “Replica Arms Ridgefield NJ” on the barrel. Navy Arms revolvers will be found with the Navy Arms markings on the barrel and with the Replica Arms logo on the frame. Replica Arms used ASM, Uberti, and Pietta as manufacturers for their guns.

Leonard F. Allen then started Western Arms in 1976. He ran into a problem with Winchester over the name “Western Arms” being their ammo name. Allen changed the name to Allen Arms in around 1981. In 1983 Mr. Allen introduced a line of Stainless Steel revolvers made by Uberti.

I put the Walker on hold.
I ran across a beautiful early 22-250 700 BDL with a bull barrel and a 10X Leupold Gold Ring that I just had to have.
They don't sell those used BP very fast so I might still get it later.

in 2008 I bought a NIB Replica Arms 1860 colt. It contains all the original paperwork and even the original bill of sale. The original bill of sale is for July 20, 1968. SN A3110. Mine above the pin on the right side looks like it has a shield with a coat of arms in it under a star. I bought it for $212 out the door. They still have the 2nd model dragoon NIB, from when I bought this one. I call it a companion revolver since it is the same box with all the paperwork. It showed up the same time as the 60 arm. They were both from the same estate sale. The dragoon has set in thier display cabinet now for a couple of years due I think to it's price. I think I am going to go buy it this sunday they want 325 for it. It als has all the original paperwork. Maybe since it has been on the shelf for 2-3 years I can get them to go lower on the price.

I just got back from the gun store. I picked up the 2nd model Dragoon. I paid $329 out the door. The same guy bought it at the same Gun Shop in Whittier Ca., back in 1968. He put $5 down for a lay-away. the total cost including tax was $82.43. He went back and picked it up in December 13, 1968 and paid the balance. S/N is 1009 and made by S.Marco it's never been fired. Barrel, frame and cylinder are proofed.
Boy is this thing a monster. Crisp action, no rust, just a bit of tarnish on the back strap. This is my first hand cannon. I never had anything bigger than a 58 Remington. Now to find a holster and go out and fire the thing. It's too cold may have to wait till spring, 0* and 20" of snow expected. Now I got to figure out a load, any suggestions?

Wow, great score!
For loads, I'd suggest starting with 40 grains 3F behind a .457 RB. Rumor has it that 50gr is max load on the Dragoons. If the .457 seats really hard you can go to a .454 but I would start with the .457 first.

Back