• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement lock for TC Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassdog1

32 Seneca Guy
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I remember this being discussed before but cant find the thread does anyone make a lock that will replace the lock on a TC Cherokee. I found two recently one a complete gun the other with barrel, stock and triggers. Both in good shape. I can buy a TC lock on the internet but would like to find a current lock that can be replaced since TC locks are getting harder to find. Don't know why but I just keep buying these little 32s when I first started looking for one a couple years ago they seemed scarce but since I put the word out that I would buy them they seem to show up pretty regularly now. If I get the latest addition up and running I will own 5 and would by another in a split second, I may be a bit obsessed but love spending time shooting and maintaining these little guns. Sorry for rambling thanks for any info.

Short answwer, no. You might look through a TOW catalog & find somethin’ close but it would need inletting which may or may not render your original lock useless. With no guarantee the hammer/nipple geometry would be compatible.

In my humble opinion, the best option would be to bite the bullet & buy up a couple on the used/auction sites while they’re still around to be had.

I think Track of the Wolf has (had?) "drop-in" L&R(?) and TC locks for the Hawken and Renegade.
I don't know if these are the same as used on the Cherokee/Senica/New Englander small bore rifles.

And Hawken/Renegade locks won’t fit Cherokee/Seneca rifles.

GMR.gif
could use something like this from Jim chambers and make it fit the mortise

The distance from the sear arm to the pan is an important consideration in the blank lock plate from Chambers. Go to the TotWolf catalog for a look at the full size pictures of the lock internals to try to find a lock that matches the Cherokee lock. If I remember correctly, the Cherokee lock will have the coil spring for the main spring. This will make a replacement all the more difficult. Searching for a lock on ebay should be on your list of choices.

Note: A recent search of ebay did not turn up any T/C Cherokee locks.

Last edited:
Back