• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replaced stock on my Turkey gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Stumbled across a used but like new .54cal Hawken caplock stock assembly that looked like it had a lot of good grain and figure hiding under the dull factory finish. Went over it aggressively with #0 steel wool to remove the clear coat, rubbed it down with mil spec weapons oil (medium weight oil & lithium grease suspension) and it turned out absolutely gorgeous! I tinkered with the lock mortise a bit to drop in the flint lock asm and hooked up my GM .62cal(.20ga) full choke barrel...planning to use it for turkey season next month.

LFTSidebuttstockindoors.jpg

LFTSideforearm.jpg

WOW! Good move Roundball!!! I do believe that is about the prettiest piece of wood I have ever seen on a T/C stock of any kind. That is gorgeous, and I am so glad that you found that under the usual factory finish.

I suspect that several members here will begin looking at their T/C stocks with the idea of stripping them down to see what has been hidden from view all these years! :bow: :v :grin: :hatsoff:

Man! Does that ever look nice, Roundball. I would be afraid of putting a scratch in it and would most likely use it for display. :bow: :bow:

Latest posts

Back