• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renegade question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikefrb

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Hey gang
Quick question.
I'm taking down my old (4 digit serial #) LH .54 cal Renegade to refinish and discovered a small red plastic tag on the stock in the rear cutout for the triggerguard with the number 07591. Doesn't match barrel serial #. Not a big deal but curious. Any ideas?
Thanks guys.
Spike

The same number could likely be found on other parts. It was a method used at the factory to keep the parts of the same gun together throughout finishing and final assembly.

On the metal parts it woulda been written in grease pencil that could be wiped off.

On the metal parts it woulda been written in grease pencil that could be wiped off.
Another question Bubba:
Do you happen to know, on a standard Renegade 27 inch barrel...when unloaded...and the ramrod is inserted...how many inches of ramrod extend out the muzzle?

On mine it is pretty much flush with the end of the barrel. It might be just slightly below flush but it is pretty close.

Bout this much

Attachments

• 16508386096854127006700178653243.jpg
    16508386096854127006700178653243.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 19
I misread the question. I thought he was asking about it in the thimbles.

Yeah, when I bought mine I thought it may have been loaded. Holding the ramrod on the top of the barrel eased my fears.

I misread the question. I thought he was asking about it in the thimbles.

Yeah, when I bought mine I thought it may have been loaded. Holding the ramrod on the top of the barrel eased my fears.
I’ve bought a renagade SB that was unknowingly already loaded and another I thought was loaded but it was a cleaning brush pulled off and stuck in the breech.
I always make it a point to check first thing.

The same number could likely be found on other parts. It was a method used at the factory to keep the parts of the same gun together throughout finishing and final assembly.
I’ve seen both red and yellow plastic pieces with numbers on them, seemed to be held in place with hot glue. After finding and digging out a few figured they were factory installed shims and replaced with pieces of wood or acraglas. Multiple pieces with different numbers on the same gun. Have found under trigger guard, trigger plate and tang. Might be talking about something different.

Back