• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rendezvous results

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawk78

Southern Pride
Reaction score
I came in 1st place in the Dale Merritt Aggregate. I came in 2nd place in the Main aggregate, and 3rd in the pistol match. There were only 3 pistol shooters so I don't feel anything good about the award.
I won a historically correct all wooden water canteen for coming in 2nd place in the Main agg. I was very pleased with my 25 yard practice target. All aggs are shot freehanded. I shot my dad's $400 Traditions Kentucky and let my buddy shoot my Lyman Great Plains. I enjoyed the camping aspect as much as the competition
20201018_101830.jpg
20201016_095209.jpg
20201018_102039.jpg

I came in 1st place in the Dale Merritt Aggregate. I came in 2nd place in the Main aggregate, and 3rd in the pistol match. There were only 3 pistol shooters so I don't feel anything good about the award.
I won a historically correct all wooden water canteen for coming in 2nd place in the Main agg. I was very pleased with my 25 yard practice target. All aggs are shot freehanded. I shot my dad's $400 Traditions Kentucky and let my buddy shoot my Lyman Great Plains. I enjoyed the camping aspect as much as the competition View attachment 47158View attachment 47159View attachment 47160
Congrats Jim, winning the shoot with a Traditions rifle is like the story I posted about winning with a CVA rifle I built from a kit. It aggravated a few shooters that went up against me with their custom builds. I envy you and wish I had more time to do that again. Maybe when I retire, which hopefully will be soon, as I am now 63. I quit rendezvousing as much when my eyes got bad. Even with contacts or glasses, seems like I could never quite see the same. Once my shooting went south, I concentrated more on throwing the hawk and knife. I was actually pretty good at that and won several firsts and seconds. But now my shoulder hurts if I throw too much. It's hell getting old, and definitely not for the young.

Great shooting, congratulation on the first. The best I've ever gotten was a sixth place on the 100 yd paper shoot with 42 people competing. I did it with a beat up CVA Hawken .50 caliber cap lock which cost me a whole $75.00.

That’s a good squirrel. We had our fall Rendezvous last weekend also. I used a .40 I built last winter and a TC Patriot in 45

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 54
I haven't placed in the top ten shooting for several years. But I still enjoy the camping and cooking over a fire. Now days I compete in the cooking contests. My cobblers and ham with spice berries are consistent winners. Congratulations on your shooting. For mysel, as York said "Ramrod can't shoot for **** but he sure can cook!"

Congrats good shooting. My certifacates usually just read ALSO ATTENDED
John

Back