• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Removing camo from synthetic stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, pilgrim....

You asked us for advice and "how did it turn out". You tapped into expertise here that you don't possess yourself. Then, have the brass nads to not like what you received from that expertise that you don't possess.

That's not how you get help, here........

You infact did get a suggestion or two. Suggestions that make perfect sense among those that possess the expertise, among those that have worked with just what you're trying to work with.

Like it, or don't, you're choice......

There's an old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

My apologies to you sir. Nothing I said was meant for you as you're about the only one who actually understood my question and offered suggestions pertaining to what I was actually asking. When you plainly state 'I don't want to paint it, I want to unpaint it' and 'I don't want to sand it' and 'I don't want a replacement stock' after plainly stating that and then that's pretty much all anybody has to offer it gets a bit tedious and disheartening.

Well, the down and dirty, and easy for that matter, IS to just paint over the camo film.

Like it or don't.......

Again, by more than myself with a tiny bit of knowledge, you're not going to like the finish on your stock after the chemicals and after the scrubbing. That's US telling YOU how to get the dip off, but the finish afterwards will be horrid. Fair warning and all. It won't be pristine as a factory new one, which you've eluded to all along as wanting to attempt, or maybe expecting.

Your simple advice is to paint it with, something.

Or find another one that wasn't butchered with hydrodipping.

My apologies to you sir. Nothing I said was meant for you as you're about the only one who actually understood my question and offered suggestions pertaining to what I was actually asking. When you plainly state 'I don't want to paint it, I want to unpaint it' and 'I don't want to sand it' and 'I don't want a replacement stock' after plainly stating that and then that's pretty much all anybody has to offer it gets a bit tedious and disheartening.
Maybe those are the only options and you just don't get it?

Reality just sometimes happens to be that way,, Sorry Pal.
Like I said, you just go right ahead,, when your done, Please,, let us know how it turned out.
Share the experience,
Teach Us,, 😊

Your snarky attempts at witty ridicule didn't impress me on Graybeard's and it don't impress me here. More like the schoolyard bully who thinks he's clever but everybody's laughing at him, not with him.

Maybe those are the only options and you just don't get it?

And maybe since they're options I specifically stated I wasn't interested in, if that's all anybody had to offer, just scroll on to the next topic.

Oh now I get it,, what's wrong, yer arthritis acting up?
Well nobody here has any info for ya about your topic, someone did mention trying a different forum that deals with a lot of plastic stocks for ideas.
How come you don't use your other login handle anymore?
FWIW, when someone has a MR trigger problem,, I do mention pop-cycle sticks

And the one who mentioned a site where I might find info is obviously the only one who could read and comprehend the question.

When did you stop going by 'Four Toes'?

Yeah, I know. Not exactly a "build" question but I have a TC Tree Hawk that if I don't sell it, I'd like to remove the fugly camo paint from it. I can handle the metal parts but don't want to try anything on the stock that might leave me with a lump of melted plastic. And it's for sure I ain't about to try to sand it. I've seen what that turns out looking like.

So, any and all help/suggestions/hints/whatever will be greatly appreciated.
Since it isn't paint ,it's a film try having it redipped with a coating you like. It won't come off like paint,but can be used as a primer for a good coat of paint.

When did you stop going by 'Four Toes'?
Lol,, that actually was my son using my pc, asking his own questions, But Tim wouldn't let it go because the ip addy was the same,, so he left GB's too.
I used the kids log-in only to try to get Tim to back off,, but ,Nope. It's alright,, the kids all growed up now,, and like me,, it doesn't even cross his mind, I guess I raised a good man, he's learned to forgive and move on ,,
,have a good'n friend,, this forum DOES miss your T/C experience.
Nobody knows why ya left,, and the question does come up from time ta time,,
But you blocked everything,, nobody can send you a PM,, or search your topics,, you "clicked" some button someplace that blocks it all(?)

Last edited:
Back