• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remington & Triple 7

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well sometimes an old shooter passes on and his stuff sits in estate or just ignored for a long time.. Then someone finds out grandpa's old revolver is still loaded a decade later.

Grants revolver sat for years after his death loaded, before someone noticed and they decided to shoot it. It went bang.

I have a flintlock pistol from my father and it has been in the family from the War From 1812. About two years back I took a dowel to check if it was loaded. It seems it is. Someday I will pull the ball and the powder (the flint is missing).

There's a lot of rumors out there on different powders some even from the factory.
The reason for a reduced T7 load over BP.
T7 is supposedly more energetic.
So if you been getting real good groups with 30 gr
bp. they recommend 10% less T7 to get roughly the same power, velocity and thus impact point based on same POA.
As to compression.
I don't know of anybody that has a pressure regulated lever on their C&B revolver.
I always shoot 30 gr fffg whether it be BP, Pyro or T7.
I compress as I normally would.
I have not noticed any accuracy issues regardless.
They all work just fine in my guns.
But two of them are 35+ years old. I've shot them enough to know where the bullet will strike.

I use 777 in my Remingtons, except for my original, and that I use bp in it. If I'm using a conversion cylinder, then I shoot cartridges loaded with Trail Boss.

Back