• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Reload in 12 seconds while running.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoke, if you think about it, a good combat shooter can or should be able to reload a magazine fed pistol, get back on target and be shooting in under four seconds. I think your ability to load an elongated ball ( :rotf: ) in the amount of time is amazing. :hatsoff: It speaks well of your handling skills and abilities. :thumbsup:

tg said:
"No kudos for the 7 seconds, just a put-down for the type of projectile, eh?;

I guess that is pretty fast, I do not know having never shot a modern bullet in a ML, there is usually not a lot of support for the moern conicals on a mainly traditional forum even if the rules have been set up to allow them as topic matter, most negative remarks are not at the individual but what the modern gear means to to most traditional oriented folks.

Thanks! Sometimes I forget that there is a certain dislike for bullets. I guess those with Enfields are on the outside, looking in.....

When we're all dead and the 1873 Peacemaker Colt celebrates it's 200th birthday, "Traditional" will have morphed to mean anything PRIOR to center fire that used the Holy Black. I guess it's all about perspective.......

Dave

DoubleDeuce 1 said:
Smoke, if you think about it, a good combat shooter can or should be able to reload a magazine fed pistol, get back on target and be shooting in under four seconds. I think your ability to load an elongated ball ( :rotf: ) in the amount of time is amazing. :hatsoff: It speaks well of your handling skills and abilities. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words! You may not believe it, but I was at our local range with Simon JJ Racazza of Top Shot fame just 2 days ago. He was practicing static steel. JJ can do a reload in well under ONE second with one already in the tube :bow: while running through a USPSA/IPSC course. It takes me about twice as long. JJ finishes his reload before his first mag hits the ground :haha: .

Dave

smokin .50 said:
When we're all dead and the 1873 Peacemaker Colt celebrates it's 200th birthday, "Traditional" will have morphed to mean anything PRIOR to center fire that used the Holy Black. I guess it's all about perspective.......

Dave

Maybe to some. As I see it muzzleloaders were in principal use for 500 years or so; 14th century to 19th century. There were early designs when new and starting out and late designs before they morphed into metallic breech-loaders. In between the first stage (primative - no moving parts or a fuse lock) and the last stage (advanced - percussion) the main body of muzzleloaders existed - the traditional muzzleloaders. Neither primative nor advanced. Anything of a design that came along after 1865 or so is a modern muzzleloader.

It all depends on your own interpretation I guess.

Simon Kenton is the main character in "The Frontiersmen" by Allan Eckert. it is a well written account of our history, is well researched and reads like a novel. If Kenton ever loaded on the run it is most likely in this book. It has been several years since I had read it so can't be absolutely sure if it has him loading on the run. Anyway an excellent read as is all of his Eckert's books for you history buffs out there.

Maxi's don't use a patch. Straight conicals or unpatched round balls would trim precious seconds off the time I'd think. I'm having a problem seeing how a person could run fast and do this however. A dog trot maybe, flat out sprint ain't happening whilst loading a flinter.

Running down parts of the Red River in knee deep water, getting one shot off at 3 "savages" (targets), shooting one with "Kliene Schwester", "hawking" one and trying to kill the last with me kife...no time to "re-load" fell face first into the river. Nope, can't do it in 12 seconds! Probably not at all while on the run!

Back