• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

REGARDING 1862 5-SHOT POLICE MODELS?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read tons of comments on owning an 1862 Police. Overwhelmingly most owners start out wanting this sleek looking model. But have issues after owning. I am kinda a Uberti fan-boy ,but not married to them. The issues that I see that plague most is cap jams. Also the price of these seem Higher than a Navy or Army. ?? Taylors is over $500.00 to the door.How about waiting for one to pot up 4-sale on ML?What are the comments from the ML gallery.
Try KyGunCo, they offer free shipping and no sales tax unless in Ky or Oh. Have ordered 3 black powder uberti from them. One was an 1862 police

Here is a follow up #1 of the 2-2ND GEN 1862 I won. Here is a picture of the bolts. Notice the modification of the the cam facing tang. They have a dent(s) in what appears to be an attempt to open up the tang/arms for better fitment to the cam. That is just my assessment.
The cams on the hammers have a similar
1862 2nd gn bolts.jpg
mod/ adjustment.

Here is a follow up #1 of the 2-2ND GEN 1862 I won. Here is a picture of the bolts. Notice the modification of the the cam facing tang. They have a dent(s) in what appears to be an attempt to open up the tang/arms for better fitment to the cam. That is just my assessment.
The cams on the hammers have a similarView attachment 314991 mod/ adjustment.

Wow!! That's not how you adjust a bolt arm !!! What does the cam look like?

Mike

Follow Up #2. The hammers. Showing the dremel cuts. I am sure there must be a reason for the mod, BUT??.
Wow!! That's not how you adjust a bolt arm !!! What does the cam look like?

Mike
Both these mods are done by"Colt". FYI,Both Revolvers have not been fired YET!

Attachments

• 1862 2nd gn hammers.jpg
    1862 2nd gn hammers.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 0
Follow Up #2. The hammers. Showing the dremel cuts. I am sure there must be a reason for the mod, BUT??.

Both these mods are done by"Colt". FYI,Both Revolvers have not been fired YET!

Those aren't "Colt" adjustments . . . they're "tinkerer" adjustments.
It /they may have never been fired but they were definitely "played" with!!

Mike

Anything possible. Odd how they both have similar tinkerings, when the serial #'s are 870 apart and from different sellers. Wonder if anyone else has seem similar mods on theirs.

Anything possible. Odd how they both have similar tinkerings, when the serial #'s are 870 apart and from different sellers. Wonder if anyone else has seem similar mods on theirs.
Actually, the lower one looks more like the beginning of a stress fracture, but it’s impossible to be sure just from a photo.

The cams on the hammers have a similarView attachment 314991 mod/ adjustment.
Those are hammer cam rub marks as the front edge of the hammer cam needs tapering and lowering a bit to make initial contact farther back on the finger.

Back