• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recomendations on a .50 cal flint long rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimBrown

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings,
look for recommendations on a .50 cal or .45 cal long rifle with flint (of course) full stock, light barrel, very period correct.
Don't want a Blue Ridge, Cabela's. etc type of "modern repro, looking for a nice handmade gun and some one to make it.
Just "sold back" my Yorktown and would be interested in another in that type!
Thanks

e-mail me at [email protected] if interested in building one for me.
I'm not handy with wood or else I would do it!
Thanks
Jim Brown

Check out www.blackhartlongarms.com. He makes some very nice guns at a pretty resonable price. He's making me a Solomon Kempf like the one shown in his photo gallery. It will be sporting a Rice Golden Age "B" profile .50 cal 42" barrel.

Greetings,
look for recommendations on a .50 cal or .45 cal long rifle with flint (of course) full stock, light barrel, very period correct.
Jim Brown

I personally would go with a .54 Caliber over a .45, or 50.

Why is a personal preference, but for Hunting you got More Stopping Powder. For Primitive Shooting you got a Bigger Ball to Cut in Half on the Blade of an Ax or Ring a Gong.....
:peace:

Latest posts

Back