• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recent NYS Firearms Law

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a footnote..Split is right. I used to tie my guts in a knot over things I could not control. But always enjoyed the things in regards to the outdoors. Things are easier in Retirement..the problem is retirees have too much time now to pay attention to whats going on. My old Gov. Murphy said "if high taxes and regulations are not for you....then maybe NJ is not for you". He was right...so I left....

I guess I don't get all of the hate for NYS. Yes, I get that the politics suck, but as a transplant, I absolutely love it here. I'm in Upstate, in Saratoga County. As a lover of nature and history, NYS is a total treat. There's a ton of state ground to hunt, beautiful rural country with wonderful people who actually welcome hunters, a lot of great hiking and paddling options. On top of that we have all of the amazing history surrounding the founding of this country from the first settlements, the French and Indian War and the American Revolution. Also, being close to major cities like Boston, Montreal, and yes, even NYC is really nice if I want to treat my wife to a weekend trip to the city. Above all, I've discovered that my favorite place in the world is right next door in Vermont. I try to make a trip over there anytime that I can.

I guess I've never been one to get wrapped up in politics or let politics cloud my view things. It will be what it will be, I'll do my duty, cast my vote and move on with what I'm given. Complaining and being bitter have never done much for me other than to leave me bitter and complaining. To each their own though, I hope we all find our little piece of happiness.
That's because you are a virtue signaling Democrat and part of the problem...

The "go along to get along" attitude is fine until NYS bans hunting and trapping. Don't think for a minute that is not possible or envisioned by democrats.

Nobody wears fur anymore so why trap? Besides, it's cruel right? Nobody relies on hunting for food, so why not ban it. It will make our communities safer. If we ban the sale of ammunition in NYS, crime will go down and our streets will be safer. And since we banned hunting and ammunition, why do you need a firearm? We have the police.

Don't think it can't happen.

The "go along to get along" attitude is fine until NYS bans hunting and trapping. Don't think for a minute that is not possible or envisioned by democrats.

Nobody wears fur anymore so why trap? Besides, it's cruel right? Nobody relies on hunting for food, so why not ban it. It will make our communities safer. If we ban the sale of ammunition in NYS, crime will go down and our streets will be safer. And since we banned hunting and ammunition, why do you need a firearm? We have the police.

And they will import coyotes,wolves and mountain lions to take care of overpopulation. OR just pay someone else to shoot them.

So what's the alternative? Piss and moan on internet forums all the time? Watch cable news and become outraged and miserable? Walk out on my family and career and take up arms?

What's wrong with a regular guy, going to work everyday, enjoying the good things in life and taking the bad in stride? So far it's made for a pretty enjoyable existence for me an mine....
You are speaking common sense and reality. Many do not have either IMHO. I agree with you 100%. We can still be vigilant and work within the system, but to moan & groan that everything is crooked, everything is a fraud, big bad old govt hates us, except when " those whining" get what they wan,t LOL, then for some reason govt is great! all of it is useless, senseless and does nothing positive. (IMHO)

Maybe it will be like "Logans Run" next, that bad old govt will come get you when you hit 40 to be put in for elimination, after all, make room for young people! :doh:

Good lord, I was planning on hunting the Holiday season, assuming they have it again this year, as I did last year with my son. So glad I left NY, now I need to figure what I can and can't do. Maybe I will just bring my longbow or as others have said, screw NY and spend my money elsewhere....
So does that mean that the reenactments at Fort Ticonderoga can no longer be held? Folks from all over the east coast and Canada participate in that. And what does it mean for transporting the 10 or more cannons that often show up there for an event? Or is this just a law for New York City?

So does that mean that the reenactments at Fort Ticonderoga can no longer be held? Folks from all over the east coast and Canada participate in that. And what does it mean for transporting the 10 or more cannons that often show up there for an event? Or is this just a law for New York City?
I really do not know, but what ever happens in NYC can spread, that is the unfortunate part.

Supposedly they are "adding language" to the law to permit reenactments. Yet another piece of a poorly written law that is causing headaches. I know it's affected other celebrations as well....
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/09/14/plattsburgh-reenactments-new-york/

You made these accusations based on what? Nothing as usual, just your feelings? Sounds like a liberal wannabe to me!!!
No, unlike your agitator, troll self, I judge people on what they say, and also unlike yourself, it don't take a mental giant to see where this guys politics are, that and his liberal 4 H avatar speaks volumes.

Is that clear enough for you sweetheart?
Jerk.gif

Nuffsaid...

Kind of went off the rails here. No need for personal insults or attacks. That alone helps the antis.

As an update to the new laws, I did hear back that muzzleloaders are indeed considered "firearms" per law.

So yes, you will need to find a hard case for that muzzleloader. Additionally, the motel that I usually stay at confirmed that I am still welcome, so that's good to know.

I grew up in NY and still hunt on family property there every year. Plenty of confusion over the latest round of gun regulations.

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/battle-of-plattsburgh-faces-last-minute-challenges/41124933https://www.wwnytv.com/2022/09/13/states-gun-laws-could-put-historical-reenactments-jeopardy/https://www.uticaod.com/story/news/...enactments-canceled-across-state/66913579007/

Last edited:
You can come to Erie County PENNSYLVANIA for your steelhead fishing needs.
Never fished PA despite living a 1/2 mile from the border. Worked in Erie for about a year, hated that drive home at 1AM in the winter on 17 out through Sherman and that way. You can have that lake effect snow, all of it. I'll keep that steelhead fishing in mind for my upcoming retirement years.

Yeah, I dont want to whine and complain so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and vote my way out of this unfortunate mess, you know, like we did in the 2000 election. Woo-hoo! I'm happy now :)

No, unlike your agitator, troll self, I judge people on what they say, and also unlike yourself, it don't take a mental giant to see where this guys politics are, that and his liberal 4 H avatar speaks volumes.

Is that clear enough for you sweetheart?

Nuffsaid...
I'm not sure what your issue with 4-H is. I run my county's 4-H Shooting Sports program, and also operate a 4-H Homeschool Muzzleloading program. I'm really not sure if you even know what 4-H is....I'm doing work to introduce youth to Shooting Sports, and the sport of Muzzleloading specifically.

Regardless, sweetheart, I'm seeing a troll here, and it's certainly not me. You just keep on doing your thing man, I'm not here to be insulted, I know what I do and what I stand for.

Kind of went off the rails here. No need for personal insults or attacks. That alone helps the antis.

As an update to the new laws, I did hear back that muzzleloaders are indeed considered "firearms" per law.

So yes, you will need to find a hard case for that muzzleloader. Additionally, the motel that I usually stay at confirmed that I am still welcome, so that's good to know.
Good to know, thanks OMW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back