• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Really wide belt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive made two wide belts so far , love em ! A really wide belt for my Capote I wearbin the dead of winter here in Ohio , only Jan.and February... then I.made a 2" wife , 1/8" thick , belt for me blue jeans . 2" is MAX width for jeans , it'll work but its tight , 1 7/8" probably be a bit better but I just love ITV. I used an old buckle for the jeans belt and a forge buckle got at rendezvous years ago for the Capote belt . They worked out great . Good lucknifn ya aint already made em..
That’s a great picture, @Rob M. ! Looks like you stepped right out of The Revenant …except you are carrying a nicer gun!

Notchy Bob

That’s a great picture, @Rob M. ! Looks like you stepped right out of The Revenant …except you are carrying a nicer gun!

Notchy Bob
Why thank you bud . I was out huntin and the ole lady met me on the porch for a picture. I really like that pic. I ain't got too many of me in period clothes esp hunting in the snow .

The stitching you did on the 2.5" is better for longevity then that on the 2".
When a leather strap is stitched across it's width, it creates a fatigue point,, the leather will tear.
(a lesson learned and shared)
I'll holler at ya when I have to make another belt :)

Back