• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RB - ya sure make me look good

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spot,.... 'Zonie is right, even tha factory (complete) rifles can be improved on, and tuned-up some. In fact many of'em need the locks polished and tha bore lapped, right out of the box!

Say!!.. I fergot to ask you if thet replacement screw for yore set-triggers, was tha right size??
When you start adjust'n the "hair-trigger" many of us are fond of,... here's a "tip",.... it ain't nessisary to cock the hammer, to do the "adjust'n".

You can put the hammer on half-cock and leave it ther, while you "set" the rear trigger, then turn the adjust'n screw "in" until it "trips" the set-trigger, then "back" the screw back out ('bout 1/4-1/2 turn) and re-set the rear-trigger agin before see'n how light the front-trigger is by pull'n it with yore finger.

This will prevent the hammer from accidently hit'n the nipple and "mushroom'n" the top of it, when do'n the adjustments!!

Once you think it's to yore like'n, "THEN" you can actualy bring the hammer back to "full-cock" to double-check the front trigger "poundage" ("ounces") by trip'n the front-trigger while hold'n a piece'a stiff leather (or sumpthin) over the nipple fer protection from the hammer.

Hope I ain't got you confused with my ramble'n,.... I'm try'n to say thet the hammer doesn't HAVE to be "tripped" each time, while adjust'n the (set) screw for a set-trigger!! :)

RollingB,

Nope I was moving too fast and didn't do that trip trigger screw yet. And yer sure right, it needs to be lightn'd up. I'll do her on Sat morn'n afore I head out to see if I can burn some more powder.

With the site I figured it get the critter ta relax. If they saw'd it were point'n the wrong way, maybe they'd think they were aim'n at me, 'stead of the other way around.

hehehe...

Spot

Spot,.... "Turn the sight 'round, ta git tha critters to relax",...... BY GOLLY!! I THINK YORE GONNA DO WELL WITH THIS SPORT!! :haha: :applause: :: :D

Latest posts

Back