• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rarest mzloading item in the world right now

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoot flintlock almost exclusively so have little need for percussion caps. However I do have a couple of percussion rifles that do get fired on rare occasion. I have at least 900 #11 and 300+ musket caps. No more than I shoot this will last me for several years to come.

I have tried cabellas and bass pro before and they did not ship. store pick up only. In this market I could care less about hazmat fee I simply need caps to compete with. I am set for several months at the moment but it seems like you never know if you will be able to get caps in two months ... nearest cabellas is 114miles. nearest Bass pro is 111 miles
We must be neighbors...

bass pro and cabellas don't ship to private residence though? only to one of their stores? I have never seen either store in real life?
Go to Academy’s web site and sign up for restock alerts for caps. I got mine and placed my order. They sold out within a couple of hours. Place your order as soon as you get the notification. I have done this with Academy and Bass Pro and have replenished my supply.😉

its is a perfect time for someone with manufacturing smarts to start a new line of caps. make them as good as CCI and RWS , remington etc. Pretty sure that winchester caps are made by CCI??? you could sell as many as you could produce right now. the big fear would be that suddenly CCI and Remington might flood the market and you would lose your shirt from all the set up costs.. BTW CCI told me they ship millions of caps and primers every week. Remington did not respond to my email other than an auto message saying someone would respond to my inquiry ASAP
Percussion cap shooters are such a small niche market that it would be almost impossible to recover new factory set-up costs in any reasonable timeframe.

Go to Academy’s web site and sign up for restock alerts for caps. I got mine and placed my order. They sold out within a couple of hours. Place your order as soon as you get the notification. I have done this with Academy and Bass Pro and have replenished my supply.😉
Bass Pro/Cabela's does ship to home but will have to pay Hazmat. I just received a thousand CCI #11s.

Latest posts

Back