• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Probably going to seem like a dumb ? but,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ORBushman

"In the Woods"
Reaction score
I just got this in very good condition T/C Hawken stock with all parts to mount my .45 T/C Hawken barrel on. Unfortunately, It will not seat and I can't understand why. The stock was listed to fit .45/.50. It slides into tang but, will not close down. Very hard tension and I'm afraid if I try and squeeze it down, I might break the stock. Any thoughts or suggestions??

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

Was this a kit? May need to refit the tang. Could the barrel and stock be for 15/16ths and the other 1"? That would do it. All do work a bit different, and none ask me anymore (HA). Thats all I got. Those that I ask will soon tell us what else it could be.

Is the barrel flat binding up on the bolster/fence?

Try loosening the lock to make sure that area isn't pinched.

Take a black sharpie, mark up that tang and look for where she's binding.

Remove the tang from the rifle and see if the barrel and tang come together correctly.

Mark up the bottom of the barrel and see if it's bottoming out against the stock inletting.

It won't take but a few thou of an inch to cause interference.

Last edited:
Is the barrel flat binding up on the bolster/fence?

Try loosening the lock to make sure that area isn't pinched.

Take a black sharpie, mark up that tang and look for where she's binding.

Remove the tang from the rifle and see if the barrel and tang come together correctly.

Mark up the bottom of the barrel and see if it's bottoming out against the stock inletting.

It won't take but a few thou of an inch to cause interference.
Excellent suggestions, well done
64Springer

Back