• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Primitive gun cover

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting things gathered now too make one, looking for ideals, tried the site you mentioned but it does not show her covers, do you have a adress too the site that shows the covers

I use horse blanket like in this picture. You can get them at TOW and October.
5107674_orig.jpg

I like using two separate cases. A wool case inside of a canvas case protects both the finish & prevents some minor dings and canvas if moisture is a concern (or just an extra layer of protection). it is easier to dry separate cases if the need arises.

I have a case made out of blanket material that I kept my rifle in, usually tucked in the back of a closet.

When, after a spell away from shooting I pulled it our to clean up my rifle for a trip to the range I found that the wool was well enjoyed by carpet beetles.

This might be a reason to go with threated leather or canvas!

Does anyone sell a more primitive looking sheath for long arms. I can't find anything but the standard modern case.
Crazy Crow Trading Post has a couple Native American style for $75

Attachments

• 4663-030-001-900x900_540x540.jpg
    4663-030-001-900x900_540x540.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 54
I made one out of an old surplus wool blanket.

That is what I do. Check the garage sales and thrift shops for wool blankets. Doesn't matter if they have stains, rips or tears. You can sew up the rips and tears and the stains add character.

I picked up a wool blanket for $5 at a garage sale about 2 years ago, and made 4 VERY long rifle cases out of it.

Back