• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Pre Warning T/C Hawken .45 Caplock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've decided to part with one of my Hawken rifles....this one is in very good condition, pre warning, excellent bore, drilled and tapped for scope and hammer has been modified to allow for scope. Ramrod is original, bluing is 99%, beautiful woodgrain, no scratches, nicks, dings, etc. serial # 280734. All furniture is in nice condition. There is no proof mark on the underside of the barrel that I could find. but on the top side, there is a very small V99 on the breech...Price is $325.00 plus shipping IMG_0024.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0026.jpgIMG_0027.jpgIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0029.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0024.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0026.jpgIMG_0027.jpgIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0029.jpgIMG_0030.jpg

Your rifle may not be a T/C Hawken, and might be a T/C Seneca - they're easy to get confused with each other when the model name isn't on the barrel.

Hawken's have barrels that measure 15/16" across the flats; Seneca's measure 13/16".

It’s a Hawken. No problem at all telling them apart.

I wish it were a .50, im looking. But as a novice my question is, whats "pre-warning?"

I wish it were a .50, im looking. But as a novice my question is, whats "pre-warning?"

Due to the litigeuos society we live in and the number of stupid people running loose and the total absence of common sense, at some point it became a requirement to put a big paragraph of ‘lawyer speak’ on the barrel to cover their butts from lawsuits.

Guns made before this requirement are referred to as ‘pre-warning’.

Good lord.....yes ok I know what that is now, I think i have only one gun with a barrel destroyed by the writings. I just didnt know it was referred to that way. And as we're learning, they werent even satisfied with that, now they want to take the whole thing. Thats another thread so I wont start. Thanks for clarifying.

I have an extra .50 caliber barrel I would sell, It's not as pristine as this .45 but its a good barrel....$100.00 if you buy the rifle
Barrel length is the standard 28" and the standard twist rate on most T/Cs is 1:48

Your rifle may not be a T/C Hawken, and might be a T/C Seneca - they're easy to get confused with each other when the model name isn't on the barrel.

Hawken's have barrels that measure 15/16" across the flats; Seneca's measure 13/16".
It’s not a Seneca. Stock architecture, hammer, trigger guard, etc. are all different.
A lot of people don’t know the differences, but I have a Seneca lying on top of a filing cabinet about 30 feet from me right now, and it doesn’t look like the gun in the picture.

Is the .50 barrel drilled and tapped for a scope like the .45 is? Btw..........I have two TC Hawken 45’s and they are good shooters. Greg

Good lord.....yes ok I know what that is now, I think i have only one gun with a barrel destroyed by the writings. I just didnt know it was referred to that way. And as we're learning, they werent even satisfied with that, now they want to take the whole thing. Thats another thread so I wont start. Thanks for clarifying.
Rifle is sold and delivered....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back