• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder recommendation

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttbush

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just read the thread below about buying bulk powder, which is what I'm about to do. #25 in 3f is what I will order. I have used Elephant as a CW reenactor just to make smoke and noise, and have always had good luck with Goex (American).
Any of you pards out there have a recommendation of another good brand you may use. Swiss is to high, but I have heard Grafs brand was good. I don't shoot competition, just for fun and hunting. I have two precussions and two flintlocks. Many thanks.

I gotta tell ya after doing a lot of reading on the subject and concidering cost/preformance. I'm really considering ordering and trying KiK next time I buy powder.

Before you order your powder go to[url] Powderinc.com[/url]. I just saw them mentioned on another thread concerning Kik powder. I'd never heard of them before, but they carry a number of brands (Goex, Kik, Swiss, Skirmish, etc.) & their prices are good. You can order online & it gives you an instant total of what it'll cost you. I just bought a 25lb mixed case of Goex & Swiss & freight & Hazmat from Arkansas to Seattle was only $45. Goex was $11.10/lb delivered. Kik & Skirmish were even cheaper!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy KIK. I use it and love it.
Idaho PRB[url] www.powderinc.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently ordered 25 lbs from Powder Inc. I bought mostly Goex because it's what I'm most familiar with, but I had them toss in a few cans of KIK just to see how it works. I'm impressed with it and may order it instead of Goex in the future. I'd recommend both of them, or Swiss if you don't mind paying extra. Swiss is outstanding powder, but it's sure pricey.

Latest posts

Back