• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to cabelas yesterday and was just wondering what their prices on black powder was. I about had a heart attack when the lady told me $31 a lb. Is this happening in ya'lls area?

Andy

You can get Goex for about $22/lb, including shipping, if you buy a 5lb lot. If you get addicted and plan to shoot more than 100 rounds this is the way to go.

Try powderinc.com or mainepowderhouse.com. Their prices are similar.

Their website will provide the legal form to fill out. When they have it onfile they will ship the powder.

Otherwise try Ace's or Federal Firearms. They may be cheaper than Cabels's

Last edited by a moderator:
If your gonna stay with this great sport then I would save my money till I had enough to get a 25 lb case an the savings would be lots better even with the hazmat fee. The last I bought if I remember right was 325.00 including shipping :thumbsup:

I bought some Goex here in Canada and it was $36/lb. I can't remember what I paid for the last few pounds of Triple 7 but I think it was less than that.

I recently bought a case of KIK powder from powder inc. By buying 25 pounds at a time it wound up working out to $12.50 per pound shipped. If you can find a couple friends or family members to go in on a case with you it won't be as hard to come up with the initial $312.50 to buy the case. I figure I am set for years on powder now.

10.00 a pound at a flea market yesterday. :grin: The bad news is he only had 6 lb left. 5 cans of 3f and one can of 2f. (Goex )Of course I got it all. :redface: Usually 20 or so from a dealer. Larry

Back