• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder Measure

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonard1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Fella's, I'm in need of a powder measure. I'm new to BP, so please excuse the idiocy. I'll be shooting Triple Seven out of an old TC Renegade 54 caliber percussion rifle. I plan to shoot both ball and sabots, on advice of previous owner. He says rifle's shooting 1" groups with 777 and sabots at 50yds. Why ruin a good thing! What powder measure to buy for this combo rifle, powder? I'm certainly going to try black powder, pyrodex, and others. Any help would be great, Thanks

First off, we don't talk about sabots and modern bullets on the forum.

That said, if the original owner was having good lucks with a particular load, ask him what it was.

Don't take his word for it though. Use it as a starting place and try adjusting the powder load up and down 5 grains at a time and shooting the gun for accuracy.

Doing this, you may find a load that's even better. :)

There are a lot good quality adjustable powder measures. I use one while figuring out the pet loads and then I make my own out of deer antler. They really look good and work really good.

Geo. T.

I very much agree. Use adjustable measure to get ideal load and then make a measure from deer or elk horn that will be a match for adjustable measure

Back