• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cva optima accuracy issue

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jisonhood1023

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently purchased the cab optima v2 with 26” barrel and the konuspro 275 scope. I am just getting back into muzzleloading after about 10 years. I change the breech plug to the BH breechplug because I read it is best for loose powder regardless if it’s blackthorn or not. So I got that thinking would help burn more evenly and get better accuracy. Like I said it is a brand new gun so not sure if there is a barrel breakin period. Some post I have read say yes some say no. I started out using 100 grains of loose 777 powder using a volume measure instead of weighing it matched with a 209A federal primer. First bullets I tried were the power belt aerolights, shot all over the place at 50 yards. Switch to Barnes tez at 50 and was perfect left and right but 2 inch difference up and down. Was shooting low so moved the scope up and had it at 3” high at 50, left and right still perfect in line with previous 2. Moved out to 100 and it’s all over the place. 8-10” group. The question I have is could the Linus scope just be that bad it’s not holding zero? Would think starting at 100 grains powder and rez bullet it would group better than 8-10” right? Could my primer be too hot for the 777? I know finding the right powder measurement/bullet combo is a must but I just figured at 100 yards using the typical load it would shoot better than that. Just wondering others thoughts. Using a lead sled also and the tez are 290 grain. Woukd dropping down to the 250 grain possibly help or could it just be the konus scope or being a new rifle? Any help is appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back