• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Flat Powder Horn (#50) for sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is my 50th Powder Horn, just finished this morning. Although it is a flat horn, it does have a slight turn toward the nozzle, making a better right-side horn. The Octagon-to-round spout has a 'turning" between the two areas. These rings are decorative elements; your strap actually is tied below the raised rings.
It took some thinking on how to decorate it, with so much of the body having black coloration. I opted to do partial-space designs that utilized the clean spaces and are somewhat similar in design and size for both sides. I also tried to get an old "leaded-window" feel for the translucent bottom area of the horn.
The horn measures 11.5" along the bottom from the Mahogany base plug to the spout. It is 3.25" high and 1.25" wide.
I am asking $365 shipped for this unique beauty.
Thanks for looking!
ps: please note that the photos are about 1/3 larger than the actual horn, so the engraving looks not as crisp as it actually is. I keep my lines sharp :)

Attachments

• 50_ 6.jpg
    50_ 6.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 5
  • 50_ 7.jpg
    50_ 7.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 50_ 8.jpg
    50_ 8.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 50_ 9.jpg
    50_ 9.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 0
  • 50_ 10.jpg
    50_ 10.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 50_ 11.jpg
    50_ 11.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 50_12.jpg
    50_12.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0667.jpeg
    IMG_0667.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow, beautiful work as always.
And Holy Wowsa, sold within an hour of posting! Now you need to figure out how to mass produce them. Maybe Kiblerize your process! :p

Edit: Joking of course. CNC would not do justice to your artful hard work.

Rick

This is my 50th Powder Horn, just finished this morning. Although it is a flat horn, it does have a slight turn toward the nozzle, making a better right-side horn. The Octagon-to-round spout has a 'turning" between the two areas. These rings are decorative elements; your strap actually is tied below the raised rings.
It took some thinking on how to decorate it, with so much of the body having black coloration. I opted to do partial-space designs that utilized the clean spaces and are somewhat similar in design and size for both sides. I also tried to get an old "leaded-window" feel for the translucent bottom area of the horn.
The horn measures 11.5" along the bottom from the Mahogany base plug to the spout. It is 3.25" high and 1.25" wide.
I am asking $365 shipped for this unique beauty.
Thanks for looking!
ps: please note that the photos are about 1/3 larger than the actual horn, so the engraving looks not as crisp as it actually is. I keep my lines sharp :)
That is just beautiful! You are a talented person Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back