• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Potjie pot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I have such a pot.. bought it a year ago at an auction for 15 dollars... I have not used it much.. beans, stews, and various soups, I am going to drag it out to a shoot this weekend for beans. are you thinking of getting one? or have you used one much... if so what do you cook in it. :)

was thinking of getting one ...looking at the small flat bottom to use on the stove at home ...with cast iron holding the heat it takes less to cook with and the food taste better.
The $15.00 you paid is a good price. also how does your cook.does the round bottom really keep the food fom sticking ?

The Yarmouth Militia has one of those and it usually just gets used for "quickie" meals like heating up some canned chowder or canned beans. One reason people don't like it is because they put it on top of our big grate. The three legs wobble on the grate and it is generally unstable.
Trying to be more authentic this year I got a piece of sheet steel 18"x24" that I will put at the bottom of the fire pit to give three legged pots a better footing. No one will see it under the coals anyway.

Sherpa Doug,
Thanks for the tip!!! :applause:
snake-eyes :) :peace: :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back