• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possibles bag patterns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k.jacobfrost

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Do any of you know were I might be able to find some reliable patterns for various possible bags? I'm looking for stuff within the 1700 to 1860 time frame. I know that is a wide range of time, but I have not decided on a relative time period to depict as of yet.

Thanks,
Frost

Book of Buckskinning; Mountainman Crafts and Skills by David Montgomery are a couple of sources.

T.C. Albert's book is a good source lots of patterns and some really good how to, longhunter/mountain man sketch books have some too. i traced the pictures in the sketch books, i tihnk there are 3 of them, and worked on the drawings till i got them to size. you may also try joining the archives on track of the wolf they store pictures of what they have sold good visual sources of a wide range of pouches and other stuff too

Madison Grant has a good book, The Kentucky Hunting Pouch. It has a lot of pictures and measurments.

Olie

go to TOTW and get their book "Recreating the Hunting Pouch." Excellent source with life size patterns.

Back