• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possible trade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230610-163038~2.png

Presently the only pic I have, but I have an IHC Cub Cadet Original advertised for sale and someone sent me this pic, asking if I would be interested in some trading. It is obviously a Remington New Model Army with a shoulder stock. I've always thought one would be neat to have, so depending on what it looks like in the additional pics he is supposed to be sending, I might trade with him.
My tractor's worth about $700-900 so I'll see what he thinks his gun is worth.
Who's got one, the gun I mean, and how do you like it?
I have an unmentionable revolver in .22 rimfire and I love it. Forgive me.

'afternoon,

I have both Colts and Remingtons, although none of them have a stock. I prefer the feel of the Colt in my hand (the .36 moreso than the .44), but the Remington has better sights (traditional pistol sights, not a modified long range) and is easier to shoot. Less cap jams (the Colts are unmodified).

It's hard to tell in the photo, but that looks like it's a revolving carbine than a pistol with removable stock. It may be the angle, but I'm not seeing the butt of the pistol grip.

Mike

Yeah, I didn't state clearly but it's a carbine. I already have a Remington pistol, and a Colt 1860 Army.

With a very light load, they are fun, accurate plinkers. But as you increase the power charge, it becomes VERY unpleasant to shoot. Definitely do NOT hold it by placing your hand in front of the cylinder!!!!! I made a shutzen style palm rest for mine. Finally sold it, as the noise and cap spitting was too much close to my face.

PS- I don’t think it is worth more than $300, to$400. Your Cub is worth more than that.

Tom,
Sam is right. I have both the carbine and the tractor. It's a 147, my dad bought it new in 1971. Ain't no way I would part with it for less than a grand. But definitely try to buy the carbine, they're fun and ACCURATE!

Back