• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possible Counterfeit Uberti Walker Replica

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A person on another forum, a man from Finland, wrote about two sets of defective nipples for his Walker Colt replica.

IMO: The poster has bigger problems than the nipples. Methinks the Walker is a fake.

This is my new in box Walker received as a Christmas gift about five years ago:

https://i.imgur.com/nDqOCv1.jpg

This is the gun in question:

https://i.imgur.com/LUEkfyS.jpg

Yeah, i need to shoot that pistol.

Fake a fake? Why bother? I see what looks to be a legitimate reproduction though it may be a different brand than yours and not identical. Yes you need to shoot your Walker just like I need to shoot mine.

No one that I know of currently. Armi San Marco used to make them but they are long gone. Though their quality can be suspect the rolled scene in the ASM cylinder a friend had was the sharpest, deepest and clearest of any scene I have ever seen on any reproduction

My Second series Colt Walker, assembled in the Bronx from Uberti parts in 1982, also had what appeared to be over-size nipples. They were, in fact correct for the original and are #26, designed for the oversized Joyce percussion caps. I changed them for regular #11 nipples without any trouble. The oval cut-outs for the locking bolt are very nearly correct - the original were truly oval, but these 'race-track' shape are acceptable replications within the price and manufacturing capacity of a copy.

If its not a genuine 1847 Colt made Walker it would be a fake (reproduction) . Aint that correct ?

The gun in question has a CT proof date code which is 2018 manufacture if the code is authentic.

Aside from defective nipples or spotty quality control, it's been said that Uberti has done some retooling which may have affected other gun parts.
That might explain any minor cosmetic differences between guns that were made 5 years apart.

COOL------A FAKE FAKE----never ever heard of one of them----how rare would one of them be ? $$$$$$$$$

designed to knock a horse down at 100 yards. the most powerful handgun ever issued by government. most powerful handgun 'til the .357 magnum 1935. most powerful bp pistol until the mid '70s. i love my fake walker.

Anyone know if an Uberti Colt Walker cylinder will work in an ASM Colt Walker?

It would be nice if Uberti would made a full steet framed 5 shot 50.

Not very likely to happen.
Uberti prides itself on making accurate reproductions of guns that actually existed in the 1800's. They are not into making fantasy guns that never existed.
Yeah I know. I saw one a guy made and it was awsome. It was some time ago and I don't remember everything but do rememember he used a frame of an existing 5 shot 50 or maybe 45lc then machined a new cylinder in 50 bp w/nipples and either modified the hammer or made new one. He did make new barrel but it may just have been for looks or length, rifling or what ever. He had time on hand and machinery access. He offered to make one but it was like 3k.

There was a custom run of 50 caliber colt repros, I think walkers. I read somewhere that about 1,100 were made close to 1970 or 1980. One comes up on gun broker about once a year.

Latest posts

Back