• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pocket pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
way out of my price range, I have production and second hand gun money, not antique presentation gun money

I figure they might have had a place as an office gun for the wealthy man back then. But other than that they are mainly just for presentation. The box lock would prevent easy pocket carry. Sure they worked and could be deadly, especially at inside an office or house ranges. Certainly not a gun one takes to the range on the regular.
I'd keep the box on my desk, both pistols loaded, lid closed and locked unless I was showing them off.

I could see an old time bank owner with them on his desk.

Yep, they were carried loaded at half-cock. The drop-down trigger was handy, you pulled it out of your pocket or muff, and in doing so pulled back the hammer which freed the frizzen and dropped the trigger. They were designed for primarily point-blank. Some of the barrels were only 25mm. The pistols I collect were commissioned by Napoleon as gifts for Marshalls of the Empire, family members and anyone important to him.

cynthialee, these you could easily see sitting on the bank boss's desk, or even the captain of a ship.

Fils_result_3.jpg

Fils_moody_1 copy.jpg

Back