• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pocket Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received a Pocket Pistol from Taylors. .31 Wells Fargo model. Much better than the 1849 I got from Midway and sent back. Spent a bit more, but it seems to be a good choice.

Arbor is a bit short, but not enough to make shooting impossible. No improper gaps at the barrel/cylinder.

Put 10 bullets through it to check out its cycle and what not.
First 5 were with 10 grains and that charge is way to anemic. Wouldn't even punch a hole in the sheet metal target I was using.
Second 5 were with 15 grains and that is the one! Put 5 nice good holes in the metal. :D

Was a little worried loading would be difficult doing the arbor loading method, but that was unfounded. Those little .32 rounds are easy enough to seat with out a lever.

Caps....yeah it is a bit more a PITA in the cap jamming department than my .36 and .44 Colt Clones.

Probably send it out to Goon eventually.

I like it over all. Doesn't eat a lot of powder and it the recoil is so minor. I could shoot this little thing all day.

I got a second pocket pistol coming in today. This one is the Remington. Will compare the two and see which I prefer.

The Remington Police Pocket revolver is almost exactly the same size & grip config/size as a Ruger bearcat

Che
I just received a Pocket Pistol from Taylors. .31 Wells Fargo model. Much better than the 1849 I got from Midway and sent back. Spent a bit more, but it seems to be a good choice.

Arbor is a bit short, but not enough to make shooting impossible. No improper gaps at the barrel/cylinder.

Put 10 bullets through it to check out its cycle and what not.
First 5 were with 10 grains and that charge is way to anemic. Wouldn't even punch a hole in the sheet metal target I was using.
Second 5 were with 15 grains and that is the one! Put 5 nice good holes in the metal. :D

Was a little worried loading would be difficult doing the arbor loading method, but that was unfounded. Those little .32 rounds are easy enough to seat with out a lever.

Caps....yeah it is a bit more a PITA in the cap jamming department than my .36 and .44 Colt Clones.

Probably send it out to Goon eventually.

I like it over all. Doesn't eat a lot of powder and it the recoil is so minor. I could shoot this little thing all day.

I got a second pocket pistol coming in today. This one is the Remington. Will compare the two and see which I prefer.
Check out marks Hubb's series on Youtube....also Blackie Thomas, He makes a conical bullet mold that makes a correct bullet...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF-WJeSCRo4

Back