• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Playing around in the Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie2002

40 Cal
Reaction score
I had a little time today to duck down into the shop and play around scratching an itch. Ended up making a patch holder for my shooting kit. The caps are some black walnut scrap 3/8 inches thick cut with a hole saw and the body of the holder is made out of some reclaimed 100 year old copper gutter I've been dragging around for what seems to be a lifetime. Dimensions are 2 inches in diameter and 2 1/2 inches long. One end is permanently attached with screws with the other cap being slightly tapered and held on with two screws that lock it in place.
It looks a bit rough but was a fun hour or so getting it together and was free. It might look better polished up but wasting the 100 year old patina would be a shame. I'll prelube the entire strip of patching material and just cut to size as needed. For precut patches I can just keep the lid off the container and hold them in with a goodly layer of lube.

Attachments

• Patch holder 01.jpg
    Patch holder 01.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Patch Holder 02.jpg
    Patch Holder 02.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Patch Holder 03.jpg
    Patch Holder 03.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 79
Back