• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pigeon Forge or nearby clubs? July 4th 2024.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Druff

32 Cal
Reaction score
My family and I will be staying in Pigeon Forge, TN, from June 30th through July 5th. Just starting to put out some feelers and see if any clubs nearby may be having any events on the 4th of July. Unfortunately, I know that most clubs hold matches on the weekends, and we will not be staying for the weekends. Hoping to find a match on the holiday itself.

And if not, does anyone have any must see recommendations for muzzleloading focused stores in the area? We stopped at Dixie Gun Works the last time we came out to Knoxville. Not opposed to stopping there again, but would like to see some new spots if there are any.

Motor traffic will be horrendous.
Stores? Clubs? Not that I am aware of. Knoxville has a fairly good history museum, and some historical sites that you could visit. North of Knoxville is the Museum of Appalachia. South of Knoxville, near Vanore, is Fort Loudon. It is a restored F&I era fort that has various events at different times. A few miles further up the road is a Cherokee Museum. People seem to enjoy slowly driving the loop through Cades Cove in the Smokey Mtn. National Park. Depends on the traffic. I heard that the Smokies is the most visited national park in the country - so ---

Motor traffic will be horrendous.
Stores? Clubs? Not that I am aware of. Knoxville has a fairly good history museum, and some historical sites that you could visit. North of Knoxville is the Museum of Appalachia. South of Knoxville, near Vanore, is Fort Loudon. It is a restored F&I era fort that has various events at different times. A few miles further up the road is a Cherokee Museum. People seem to enjoy slowly driving the loop through Cades Cove in the Smokey Mtn. National Park. Depends on the traffic. I heard that the Smokies is the most visited national park in the country - so ---
Thanks for that. Yeah, we have been out there a few times now. Our oldest boy is in dental school in Knoxville. This will be our first time staying in the touristy area though. We have been to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge before, but never stayed there. Traffic is for sure a nightmare. I think I will leave my guns at home though because I can't find any clubs or events nearby. My Google skills are fairly weak however.

Years ago, I went to a dental school up in Detroit for the cheap treatments. A student named Kevin worked on me. He did several fillings, a root canal and a crown. Good job. I think he had a ROTC scholarship because after he graduated, he went in the Army where he was a dentist. I lost track of him after that.

Latest posts

Back