• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pigeon anyone?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've counted 48 of the damn things sitting on the power lines in between hitting our bird feeder. Thats not counting the 4 I have in a holding pen atm.

That was my first thought but didn't really want my neighbors freaking out over flopping birds on the ground. :nono: And theres no real way for me to do it without their house in the back ground and in the line of fire. So the only option I have is to use a pigeon trap which is workin but a slow process. And yes I got an old cage setup to use as a holding pen. I'd rather clean 6 at a time and put in the freezer than one here and one there, just made sense to do it this way.

maybe ya could build yerself a hoop house type trap with a funnel shaped entrance in the back yard n bait em with corn, ought to hold a bunch n once they get inside it it's hard for em to get out unless you turn em loose. there are some examples on line if ya look for em. Around here cracked or whole corn draws em real good.This time a year down here we get a ton a black birds n such come into corn though n gobble it up. might be better to wait a bit for colder weather after most trash birds have migrated n then go for the pigions just a thought-YMHS Birdman

I'm not going to complicate this anymore than it already is. These birds also want nothing to do with cracked corn of which I first baited the trap with, they ignored it. Wasn't until I realized they just wanted the black bird seed from the feeder and used that, that I started to catch the darn things. :idunno:

Back