• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta Brotherhood of the Traveling 1858

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have any of you heard of this Pietta promotion, its Brotherhood of the Traveling 1858? Apparently Pietta is selecting folks to whom to send a nicely engraved NMA '1858' revolver for a month (to photograph, shoot, etc.) and then pass on...

The Pietta NMA 1858 comes in a large wooden box with a journal. In the journal, the people from Pietta wrote a few opening pages explaining the project and how the journal could be used. While you have the revolver, they ask you to photograph it, share it with people you know, shoot it, and just enjoy it for a month. Then it makes its way on to the next person...
Pietta 1.jpg

Pietta 2.jpg

Pietta 3.jpg

Pietta 4.jpg

Last edited:
Can't imagine it going to Joe Six Pack.

The people getting it will be vetted so the gun isn't abused to the point of becoming dangerous/inoperable to the next person in line.

Hickcock45 is probably on the list.

Just received a replacement cylinder from EMF/Pietta which required special attention from EMF to the factory in Italy. Absolutely the best customer service experience I've ever had. Emails and personal phone calls to make certain the part would fit the revolver produced for only 2 years. Even the CEO (Ms. Sims) helped me solve the problem personally.

Short story - I bought a percussion version of the 1873 Colt Peacemaker on an internet auction which had a cartridge cylinder installed. The revolver is designed to make it impossible to convert it to fire fixed cartridges. Thus, although the cartridge cylinder fit and functioned perfectly, the gun could not be fired. EMF gunsmith (Mr. Hanson) took time to call me, verify serial #, parts, etc. and included my cylinder in their next shipment from Pietta in Italy. Part arrived, fit perfectly. EMF's nice folks. Interesting history and some cool guns.

Just received a replacement cylinder from EMF/Pietta which required special attention from EMF to the factory in Italy. Absolutely the best customer service experience I've ever had. Emails and personal phone calls to make certain the part would fit the revolver produced for only 2 years. Even the CEO (Ms. Sims) helped me solve the problem personally.

Short story - I bought a percussion version of the 1873 Colt Peacemaker on an internet auction which had a cartridge cylinder installed. The revolver is designed to make it impossible to convert it to fire fixed cartridges. Thus, although the cartridge cylinder fit and functioned perfectly, the gun could not be fired. EMF gunsmith (Mr. Hanson) took time to call me, verify serial #, parts, etc. and included my cylinder in their next shipment from Pietta in Italy. Part arrived, fit perfectly. EMF's nice folks. Interesting history and some cool guns.
Glad to hear that and good to know.

Back