• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Pietta 1851 Navy "Buffalo Hunter" Buntline with Walnut Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenRooster

32 Cal
Reaction score
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

OK, I went through a recent phase where I bought a lot of black powder guns with hopes of finding the time to learn and enjoy them. Unfortunately, I never have the time to shoot anymore, so these lovelies need to find a good home.

The first is a handgun / rifle combo. The 1851 Navy "Buffalo Hunter" Buntline with Walnut Stock by Pietta. This is a super cool collectible. The story is as follows: I purchased this a while ago on GunBroker from seller ewdeaton67. The description read, "You are viewing a factory new 1851 Navy Buntline with a shoulder stock, a steel frame and in .44cal. This was manufactured by F. LLI Pietta and imported by EMF Company. This is in excellent new condition as it left the factory with no messed up screws and an unturned cylinder. Any minor flaws you see in the picture are as it was shipped. This has a 12" barrel and was manufactured in 2014. It has been pictured in the book "Collecting Modern Colt Blackpowder Revolvers" by Eric Deaton on page 222. The book is available on Gunbroker and EBay. The boxes and paperwork that came with it are included and pictured. The color case hardening is very nice and hard to show in the pictures. It has nice bluing and a small brass bead front sight. The shoulder stock is also in excellent new condition. This could be a nice shooter or a great display piece."

For a small additional charge, the seller offered to send a copy of the book, mentioned in the ad above, that features this pistol on page 222. After receiving both the book and pistol, two things dawned on me. First, the seller was ewdeaton67, and the book's author was Eric Deaton. Same person. Cool. Second, this pistol looked identical to the one pictured in the book, as in, the wood grain on the stock appeared identical. Sure enough, the author Eric Deaton confirmed that this is the same pistol that was used for the photograph on page 222. Personally, I think that makes this pistol extra special. YMMV. Regardless, the price is only $650 shipped.

Will come with a free copy of the book mentioned above. (Valued at an additional $65, if I remember correctly.)

Payment options are flexible. The usual methods, plus cash if face-to-face in the upstate SC area.

Free shipping from my FFL (City Arsenal in Greenville, SC) to your FFL.

Please feel free to ask questions. Happiness guaranteed.

PS — More to come, including a couple 50 cal rifles, etc.
coltBPRev1.jpgcoltBPRev2.jpgcoltBPRev3.jpgcoltBPRev4.jpgcoltBPRev5.jpgcoltBPRev6.jpg

Last edited:
If the photo of the piece of paper with ZenRooster's name and date on it, with the pistol in the photo, was to be added to the photos, like other folks do, folks would feel more comfortable. I've seen folks offer a gun on different forums without worry.
YMMV

Thanks for catching my mistake, everyone. As a long-time forum user (not THIS forum, but many, many others), I should know better than to post a classified ad without the standard "seal of proof" photo. I appreciate your willingness to protect and make aware the rest of the forum members. And to be clear, several of my firearms may be cross-listed from time to time from the usual GunBroker or local Armslist websites, to the more specific forums such as this and, in the case of similar old west style firearms, the official SASS / cowboy action shooting websites.

Again, thank you for keeping your fellow forum members safe and aware, even if this particular ad is legit. There are many others out there which are not, as we all know too well.

Regards,
Chris aka ZenRooster
BPGunProof-1000px.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back