• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta 1860 Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Walked into cabelas a couple weeks ago and they had one bp pistol. The price was right and I needed a belt pistol as my Walker amd Dragoon are a bit too heavy for carrying around camp. Finally got out to shoot it. This is the first 6 balls at 20 yards, I am very pleased with the accuracy. Probably would have been better if I were better.

Attachments

• 20211220_132750.jpg
    20211220_132750.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 44
That’s great shooting at 20 yards! I also have a brand new in box Cabelas Pietta 1860 that’s likely getting traded for an 1851 Navy London but glad to see they are shooters.

Walked into cabelas a couple weeks ago and they had one bp pistol. The price was right and I needed a belt pistol as my Walker amd Dragoon are a bit too heavy for carrying around camp. Finally got out to shoot it. This is the first 6 balls at 20 yards, I am very pleased with the accuracy. Probably would have been better if I were better.
I’m amazed that an 1860 Army would shoot to point of aim at 20 yards. I’ve both Uberti and Piettas and they shoot high.

Excellent shooting there torpedo! Merry Christmas to you. Santa was nice leaving that lone 1860 just for ya :thumb:

That is great shooting! I think you will find it is pretty good at 100 yards, too!

Nice group, does it shoot POA-POI? I have a Colt that shoots six feet and six feet left or darn close to it! One of my most frustrating pistols ever! New with the box and papers, is a siganature series, I thought about selling it but that would mean screwing a fella shooter over!

Hang on to that one it is a big time winner. That is fantastic shooting congratulations.

Back