• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pietta 1851 revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steam1993

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Have just brought 2 of them on sale for 179.99.at Cabela's. I use no.11 caps, tried the no.10 caps but could not get them to fire every time.

You're lucky guys. I recently bought Navy 1851 Confederate with brass frame cal. 44.
But in my country I pay it 300 euro ( with brass mold ).
Transport, customs expenses, taxes, dealers...and the market is very poor.

Not a bad deal at all.

I am going to give the same advice I always do when I hear someone bought a new Pietta...

Get new nipples.
Pietta makes a good gun up to the moment they make the nipples, then they slack off for some unfathomable reason.

There are a number of after market nipples that will be far superior to the manure they install in the factory.

I can't prove it but my money is on them using nipples from some other supplier, though who is a mystery.

I apologize to pgh not part of the theme...
”˜Till 6.March of this year our low didn’t recognize black powder and muzzleloading weapon. It was procedure like for any others weapon.
Request in the local police station, taxes, obtaining the certificate that you are not convicted, checking in your neighborhood, than issuing of license to acquire. After weapon purchasing, you have to register that weapon in police station, taxes again”¦ and when you show to the officer flint or percussion gun, they looked at you in astonishment.

Now”¦ Since 6. March we have new low. Old weapon produced before 1900 and their modern replica ( without modern bullet ) we can purchase without any limitations, but necessary to register in police station within 8 days after purchasing.
But”¦
Police officers are totally confused with this low and they didn’t start with implementation of this low yet. We wait”¦

Latest posts

Back