• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Photography question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you guys take pictures of the bores for your for sale adverts? I use a lighted arrow nock to inspect them and if I see something suspect I have a bore scope which takes good photos but I can’t seem to figure out how to snap a good picture with my equipment. ( iPad or phone cameras)

Good question, I have never been able to take pictures of the inside of the barrels as well.

Either buy a cheap borescope that will connect to you're phone or tablet. an app that came with the scope should switch to the scope when you plug it in. . For a full-length shot of the bore get a drop-in LED bore light that will illuminate the bore and just get right up to the bore for the picture.

Edit 30 19-17-40.jpg

This is a self contained type of rifle(Remlin 35) that I had to send back. Took these with a cheap endoscope from Amazing. Hooks to computer thru app.

Edit 30 20-02-47.jpg

I use a cheap bore scope from Amazon. It connects to my computer through it's photo software.
Kno-ie

Attachments

• WIN_20210929_184445.MP4
    5.1 MB
Last edited:
When your screen comes up on your phone there should be a "save" option somewhere on the screen. On several of mine there is a little camera showing that I click on to save the a picture to a file.

When your screen comes up on your phone there should be a "save" option somewhere on the screen. On several of mine there is a little camera showing that I click on to save the a picture to a file.
I get that part but it’s got such a short depth of field. Not sure that’s the correct terminology. I’m going to try @andy52 suggestion, and I’ll let you know what happens!

How do you guys take pictures of the bores for your for sale adverts? I use a lighted arrow nock to inspect them and if I see something suspect I have a bore scope which takes good photos but I can’t seem to figure out how to snap a good picture with my equipment. ( iPad or phone cameras)
I was a pro photographer and while phone cameras are amazing I personally still love a camera for what they do best. To get a pic showing a lot of barrel length and rifling I would use the small drop in light (I have a single AAA bat one that works great.) . Then try to get an aperture of at least F/8. F/11 and 16 would be better. This controls your depth of field which is the amount of sharp focus from near to far .If you have the ability to set this manually on your phone you want the highest number aperture that you can set and get a good shot. You may need to lock everything down tight to eliminate any movement. Hope this helps.

Back