• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Phil Cravener Rifle unfired

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moondoc smith

32 Cal
Reaction score
OK 2nd time around the trader was full of it. So here I go again

For sale a beautiful 45 cal barrel is 40" swamped only test fired many years ago . The gun was made by Phil and his father as stamped on the barrel 2200$ plus shipping . I had it up for trades also but after the last comedy show Im going to stick to cash for now . I have an FFL license in my name its not needed but helps establish who I am . I am in Colo/Wy area but can ship I have lots of positive feedback on the Gun Board forum and others PM me if interested

Attachments

• w5dc4bb1b6da43.jpg
    w5dc4bb1b6da43.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 466
  • w5dc4bb1b00235.jpg
    w5dc4bb1b00235.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 427
  • w5dc4bb1e93ebe.jpg
    w5dc4bb1e93ebe.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 428
  • w5dc4bb1f04207.jpg
    w5dc4bb1f04207.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 422
  • w5dc4bb16afa94.jpg
    w5dc4bb16afa94.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 450
  • w5dc4bb1a35ea2.jpg
    w5dc4bb1a35ea2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 432
  • w5dc4bb1a92339.jpg
    w5dc4bb1a92339.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 446
ANY OFFERS???? Im open

Phil was a builder from the Greensburg area, Westmoreland County Pa. He died several years back, but had been a regular at the Bushy Run Longrifle show every January. Phil did very nice work, and the rifle should be worth double your asking price.

Phil was a builder from the Greensburg area, Westmoreland County Pa. He died several years back, but had been a regular at the Bushy Run Longrifle show every January. Phil did very nice work, and the rifle should be worth double your asking price.

Phil live in Latrobe, PA. I knew him well and spent more than a few Saturdays setting in his shop watching him and his dad (Merle) working on custom pieces. He built a J P Beck style rifle with a 44" swamped barrel in 50cal, with a sliding wood patch bod, and a specially chosen tiger maple billet plank that hadn't been pre-shaped so it could accommodate my gorilla length arms and length of pull.

Although I paid him to do the work, he made it for me, and I knew he knocked something off the final price. I have no plans of ever selling it, even though the value of his work has increased far past what I paid for mine.

I wouldn't budge on the price you're asking. Take it to a few shows and wait for someone who knew Phil and neglected to get one before he passed in 2012. One of them might reconsider their past mistake.

Thanks Straekat for the support and info I finally know what the M E Cravener stands for Merle. I will give it a week then send it off to "The Track of the Wolf" They said they would be happy to sell it for me and are suggesting much more than I have it listed for .

Would it be possible to see the rifle in person? I live in Newcastle, WY.

Phil & Munchkin indispensable to any proper Eastern R vous . & certainly did nice work .The first Eastern I went to was the first Shawnee Crabman as Booshway . I was a member but had no primate togs , But Phil loaned me a capote so I could stay in for the feast . I camped down stream of the gate . He was always a proper gentleman , I did 17' Easterns' I think he was always there . Rudyard

Phil & Munchkin indispensable to any proper Eastern R vous . & certainly did nice work .The first Eastern I went to was the first Shawnee Crabman as Booshway . I was a member but had no primate togs , But Phil loaned me a capote so I could stay in for the feast . I camped down stream of the gate . He was always a proper gentleman , I did 17' Easterns' I think he was always there . Rudyard
SO you need one of these !!!!!

No I make my own even long rifles , But don't use them too heavy but nice work is nice work whatever its on .Ime sure it will sell its worth the asking price or more . Good luck Rudyard

7 pounds 7 ounces gets more than I prefer. I aim for under 6 and a pet is just 5 pounds . What you do on a range isn't so critical more weight is a plus. But hunting rough country all weight gets to you. game is often just 30 yards or less. Where it not a requirement Ide have it smooth bore and just a hollow in the false breech & a front sight of stag tush or silver . But as long rifles go ide agree it is pretty light . it is good buying if you want one . I hope you sell it soon . Regards Rudyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back